• Posts by gerryvz: 7
  • Total posts in thread: 28
Notice
This is a list of all posts made by gerryvz in this thread. View whole thread.

gerryvz

Threads
I am getting many dozens of server errors after upgrading to the new version of the add-on:

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to EAEAddons\QuickMessage\XF\Entity\User::canQuickMessageWith() must be an instance of XF\Entity\User, null given src/addons/EAEAddons/QuickMessage/XF/Entity/User.php:34

[LIST] [*] [*]TypeError: Argument 1 passed to EAEAddons\QuickMessage\XF\Entity\User::canQuickMessageWith() must be an instance of XF\Entity\User, null given [*] [*]src/addons/EAEAddons/QuickMessage/XF/Entity/User.php:34 [*] [/LIST] [LIST] [*] [*]Generated by: Unknown account [*] [*]Dec 8, 2019 at 10:33 AM [*] [/LIST] [SIZE=5][B]Stack trace[/B][/SIZE] #0 [internal function]: EAEAddons\QuickMessage\XF\Entity\User->canQuickMessageWith(NULL) #1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1004): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/message_macros.php(105): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Entity\User), 'canQuickMessage...', Array) #3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(706): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(vw\vw\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array) #4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/post_macros.php(27): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('message_macros', 'user_info', Array, Array) #5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(706): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(vw\vw\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array) #6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_view.php(572): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array) #7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1320): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(vw\vw\XF\Template\Templater), Array) #8 src/addons/vw/vw/XF/Template/Templater.php(789): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true) #9 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): vw\vw\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array) #10 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render() #11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array) #12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View)) #13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View)) #14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html') #15 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() #16 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run() #17 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App') #18 {main} [SIZE=5][B]Request state[/B][/SIZE] array(4) { ["url"] => string(52) "/forums/threads/m119-975-oil-pan-gasket-change.4615/" ["referrer"] => bool(false) ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }

gerryvz

Threads
I had no errors with the previous version of the add-on, at all.

This is with XenForo 2.1.5, and php 7.3

gerryvz

Threads
OK, I will disable the ElasticSearch Essentials and see if I get any more errors. The add-on has been working fine despite the errors, from what I can tell.

UPDATE -- I have disabled ElasticSearch Essentials. I'll report back in the next couple of hours to see if further errors have been reported.

gerryvz

Threads
Let me see if the errors go away. I should see errors (or none) in the next hour or two, as they seem to come pretty regularly in the error logs.

If no errors, I'll do as you say above and wait for the update. If I get errors, I'll post them to you.

gerryvz

Threads
I just how got another error:

• TypeError: Argument 1 passed to EAEAddons\QuickMessage\XF\Entity\User::canQuickMessageWith() must be an instance of XF\Entity\User, null given
  • src/addons/EAEAddons/QuickMessage/XF/Entity/User.php:34

• Generated by: Unknown account
  • Dec 9, 2019 at 1:17 PM
Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: EAEAddons\QuickMessage\XF\Entity\User->canQuickMessageWith(NULL)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1004): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/message_macros.php(105): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 'canQuickMessage...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(706): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(vw\vw\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/post_macros.php(27): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('message_macros', 'user_info', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(706): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(vw\vw\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_view.php(572): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1320): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(vw\vw\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#8 src/addons/vw/vw/XF/Template/Templater.php(789): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true)
#9 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): vw\vw\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#15 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#17 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#18 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(70) "/forums/threads/02-c32-please-help-identifying-battery-mfg-date.13850/"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

gerryvz

Threads
I have changed the style properties setting per below, and re-enabled the ElasticSearch Essentials add-on. Will let you know what I observe.

By the way, the test message that I sent just a few minutes ago is working fine and the other account I sent it to received it.

gerryvz

Threads
The issues seem to be resolved and I haven't gotten any further error messages after following the instructions above. I'll report back again in a few hours.

I do want to say that the add-on worked fine and as it was supposed to, even though it provided server errors in the admin control panel.