Ignored Statistics

Ignored Statistics [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (CA$6.95)

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Lawrence submitted a new resource:

Ignored Statistics - A tool to allow admins to view ignored members counts and ignoring by members counts

This add-on allows admins with the proper permission to view ignored members counts and counts of members ignoring the most. It is a tool to help members find potential troublemakers or groups of troublemakers (those who ignore all ignore the same select members).

License:

Purchasing this add-on entitles you to one installation on your live site and one installation on a password protected test site. This add-on can not be repackaged or redistributed in any form.

Requires:
Read more about this resource...

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Just an FYI, I'm currently updating this add-on to allow moderator access to ignore stats from the front end.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Lawrence updated Ignored Statistics with a new update entry:

New feature added and maintenance update

Moderators can now view ignore stats from the front end.
Members->Ignore Statistics

• Moderators with the permission can view the top 20 ignored members statistic and top 20 members ignoring the most statistic
  • Moderators may now search search ignore statistics for a member or members
  • Clicking the number on the right will bring up an overlay that lists the members a user may be ignoring, or a list of members ignoring a specific user
Maintenance update:
  • Renamed...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Does this require a rebuild before it displays accurately?
No rebuild is required. The stats are generated as needed and not cached anywhere. The query is just returning a count for each user (being ignored count, or the number of members that are ignoring), so all stats should be accurate. If you have any doubt please let me know here (result, expected result) for I can troubleshoot it, :)

With that said, if any area that would be inaccurate, it would be on the admin side of it where I use the members profile to get the counts on who they are ignoring and that would be inaccurate if XF doesn't update members profiles for who they are ignoring (when users are deleted or merged for example). I ran into something similar to this when I created the contacts add-on, so instead of creating a job-runner to rebuild every members contact lists (each member may have multiple ones) when a user is deleted, I settled on doing a count comparison and only performed a rebuild if the counts differ.

Alfa1

If I click the 'ignoring count' number, then the number of members listed are always much less than the count. For example one member is ignoring 22 members. When I click on the number then 5 members are listed. In many cases no members are listed while there is an ignore count.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Hi, does that happen on the front end or in the admin CP?

While looking into this, I discovered wrong stats were generated in the admin CP side when a letter was inputted into the filter (the listed counts were correct until you begin filtering), so this needs to be fixed/changed.

Thank you for reporting the bug.

Alfa1

It happens in the admin CP. I do not apply any filtering.
/admin.php?eae-ignored-stats/pastorfuzz.404079/ignoring

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
I could not reproduce this; however, I rewrote the ignoring function to use what is stored in the users profile, and it produces the same results for testing (as I could not reproduce it, that is good), so it should now be fixed as the members a user is ignoring is coming directly from their profile. As a side benefit, this approach does save one query.

If you have the time, can you check that same users ignoring from the front end? I want to be sure it is working there as you expect to see if I need to make the change there as well.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Hi, I just checked the settings and the download links are set to never expire, so I'm not sure why the link is not working (one other reason I'm looking forward to moving away from fetchapp). I did make a change to the number of downloads that can be made, but I doubt that it is that causing it (you never know). I'll send you the latest version through a PC as I do not want to waste more of your time.