No permission to buy (CA$19.95)

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Lawrence submitted a new resource:

History - Records forum milestones, and admins can add past and current events that have shaped their forum.

Compatible XF 2.x versions: 2.1

Additional requirements: PHP 7.2+

License: Purchasing this add-on entitles you to one installation on your live site and one installation on a password protected test site. This add-on can not be repackaged or redistributed in any form.

Visible branding: No

A lot happens on a forum, or even to a forum, over the course of years. The history add-on helps you to keep track of events and milestones that occur, and when they occurred. This is useful for...

Read more about this resource...

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Re: History [Paid]
Lawrence updated History with a new update entry:

Compatibility changes

Changes:
  • changed the route for the add-on from history to site-history to prevent possible conflicts with similar installed add-ons.
  • changed title and navigation tab from History to Site history.
  • renamed a permission.
If upgrading, after uploading the files you may see a non-callable error in your server error log. This is due to the renaming of a permission. After upgrading, there will be no further errors.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Does show a fa icon on navigation bar ?

Sorry, but no. I can take a look at adding one in the future, but I'm not sure when that will be.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Can you help me add one if I'll purchase. I need this to fit well with my style

Don't purchase it, I'll need to look in on how to do this first (I believe it's done by css?).

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
I just searched XF for this, here is the line you would need to add to extra.less:

.p-navEl a[data-nav-id="eaehtr"]:before{content:"\f27a";} replace the \f27a with the FA icon you want to use. As you are using TH styles, they probably have their own .less you can add that line of code in (but extra.less should work too).

I haven't tested this yet, so don't be purchasing the add-on until I do, please.

faust

Threads
Thanks, let me know when you have tested, the TH uses material icons, and any icons added through css doesn't work.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
HTML:
.p-navEl a[data-nav-id="eaehtr"]:before
{
    font-family:'Font Awesome 5 Pro';
    content:"\f66f";
    padding-right: 4px;
}

The above will result in this:
fa-icon.png

As for TH's material icons, I'm afraid that you will need to ask them how to make the above code work with their style (and icons).

faust

Threads
Thanks. Also, how this addon works. Is everything runs automatically by cron job ?

faust

Threads
Does this run automcatically to? Like I want every year to run an event

faust

Threads
Sorry @Lawrence , but milestone set within admincp doesn't appear on Milestone in forum. Can you have a look please ?

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Sorry for the late reply, as I been busy getting ready for the holidays. Milestones are updated by a cron job.

Sorry @Lawrence , but milestone set within admincp doesn't appear on Milestone in forum. Can you have a look please ?

one moment... The milestones that are editable in the ACP used used to set a lower value if you want for a certain type. For example, the next milestone for threads on this site was 500. As we only have 120+ threads I changed the next milestone to 250. You can take a look at the upcoming milestones to see it is now waiting for 250 threads and not 500.

Last edited:

faust

Threads
Sorry for the late reply, as I been busy getting ready for the holidays. Milestones are updated by a cron job.

one moment...

I added milestone , but they don’t appear on forum, so members can view them what to be achieved

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
I added milestone , but they don’t appear on forum, so members can view them what to be achieved

You added a milestone from the ACP?

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Does this run automcatically to? Like I want every year to run an event

For events, you can add them to be displayed on a set date in the future (only then will it become publicly viewable). It doesn't support recurring events.

Yes, that’s right, but they don’t appear on milestones on forum.

I believe you need to wait for the cron to run, or you can run it manually.