No permission to download

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Lawrence submitted a new resource:

Cupids Arrow - Allow members to launch emoji "arrows" at other members.

Requirements: XF 2.1+, PHP 7.2+

License: You may not redistribute, or repackage in any form.

Cupid's Arrow gives your members the opportunity to launch emoji "arrows" at other members. If the option is set, they may choose to launch then anonymously. The emoji members are allowed to launch at each other are set in the options for the add-on. If sent anonymously, and the target member has the bypass user privacy permission, they will be able to see who launched the arrow at...

Read more about this resource...
miss.pngoptions.pnglauncher.png

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Hi. From where I can find list with emoji names?
Good day. Go to Appearance -> Phrases, and type in the filter box emoji.. This will display a list of emoji's. Type in the emoji name into Cupid's arrows options (without the emoji. prefix). For example, you find the phrase: emoji.adult_tone1, you will type in Cupid's arrow options adult_tone1.

faust

Threads
Good day. Go to Appearance -> Phrases, and type in the filter box emoji.. This will display a list of emoji's. Type in the emoji name into Cupid's arrows options (without the emoji. prefix). For example, you find the phrase: emoji.adult_tone1, you will type in Cupid's arrow options adult_tone1.

Thanks. Will have a look. Can you check the issue which I have with thread count.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Thanks. Will have a look. Can you check the issue which I have with thread count.
I responded on XF. You need to go to AdminCP->Tools->Rebuild caches and select [EAE] Rebuild user thread counts

For using the fa-icon in stead of Threads, you would need to exit the template mods for the add-on, or I can add that as an option for the next release (I'm not sure when that will be).

And welcome to the site, :)

faust

Threads
I responded on XF. You need to go to AdminCP->Tools->Rebuild caches and select [EAE] Rebuild user thread counts

For using the fa-icon in stead of Threads, you would need to exit the template mods for the add-on, or I can add that as an option for the next release (I'm not sure when that will be).

And welcome to the site, :)

Thanks. I would love to have fa icon. Can you explain a bit more detailed what should I edit to add fa icon? Also, I have issue when clicking most threads

No users match the specified criteria

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
You would need to be in development mode to edit template modifications. I'll add an option for it and release an update by tomorrow.

faust

Threads
You would need to be in development mode to edit template modifications. I'll add an option for it and release an update by tomorrow.

Thanks a lot.

Can you help me, why I got this issue when clicking on most threads

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
The member stat value for Most threads is cached for 60 minutes. You can turn that off in the member stats option for Most threads, or just wait until the 60 minutes is up.

faust

Threads
The member stat value for Most threads is cached for 60 minutes. You can turn that off in the member stats option for Most threads, or just wait until the 60 minutes is up.

Thanks. Probably I will wait, as for some reason I can't switch it off.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Thanks. Probably I will wait, as for some reason I can't switch it off.

I didn't realize you needed to be in dev mode to switch that option off, I wonder why that is? Well, you learn something new every day.

faust

Threads
I didn't realize you needed to be in dev mode to switch that option off, I wonder why that is? Well, you learn something new every day.

True. Anyway is all fixed. It has fixed itself. Thanks a lot. So you are planning to release update with icon tomorrow?

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
True. Anyway is all fixed. It has fixed itself. Thanks a lot. So you are planning to release update with icon tomorrow?
I jut need to add the appropriate options for selected areas, everything else for using a fa-icon is done, so I should be releasing it tomorrow.
Regarding Cupid arrows. Seems the privacy setting isn't working 🤔
If a member has the Bypass user privacy permission, they can target any member they choose, regardless of their setting.

faust

Threads
I jut need to add the appropriate options for selected areas, everything else for using a fa-icon is done, so I should be releasing it tomorrow.

If a member has the Bypass user privacy permission, they can target any member they choose, regardless of their setting.

Also, i just made a test. And the test account was a target and the arrow was sent, even if privacy was set to no.

Also, can I set amount of time untill user will be able to hit an arrow? To prevent spam

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Also, i just made a test. And the test account was a target and the arrow was sent, even if privacy was set to no.

Also, can I set amount of time untill user will be able to hit an arrow? To prevent spam
Good morning. The arrow was sent, but did the test account receive it? If they did, then the bypass user privacy permission is in play for the account you sent it from.

There is no timer for sending arrows as this add-on's only purpose it to add a little fun to forums, :)
Thanks. Will this work on UiX theme?
I don't use UiX and never will. If UiX is coded right then there should be no issues, if there is it will be up to the makers of UiX to supply a fix. All my add-ons are coded to work with XenForo.

faust

Threads
Good morning. The arrow was sent, but did the test account receive it? If they did, then the bypass user privacy permission is in play for the account you sent it from.
Yes, the test account has received the arrow.

faust

Threads
I don't use UiX and never will. If UiX is coded right then there should be no issues, if there is it will be up to the makers of UiX to supply a fix. All my add-ons are coded to work with XenForo.

I mean I use IO theme, but hope the icon will work. Any updates when the addon will be released?