Conversation tools suggestion feature

maszd

Hi,

because this addon name is conversation tools, maybe you can add few feature like this:
  • ability to move or copy conversation to new thread
  • kick participants out from a conversations
  • inbox size limit (was suggestion at xenforo)

Thanks.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Hi,

because this addon name is conversation tools, maybe you can add few feature like this:
  • ability to move or copy conversation to new thread
  • kick participants out from a conversations
  • inbox size limit (was suggestion at xenforo)

Thanks.
Thank you for the suggestions.

I'm not sure about adding in your first suggestion as there is another add-on that already does this. When I released this add-on originally for XF 1.1 (?) many years ago it had the inbox size limit included, so that I'll add that back in. The second suggestion I really like and will include as well. I also have one more option I been thinking about adding in: BCC'ing members, it's been on the back of my mind for a few days now.

I'm about 70% done my next add-on and when that is released I'll be working on upgrading the ignored stats add-on and the conversation tools add-on before I start my next project.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
I featured locked v1.1 as I feel I spent too much time on this for now and want to move on to create an admin tools add-on. Any suggestions made that is not implemented will be looked at again for v1.2.

I'm still testing it, and debugging. Here is what's new in v1.1:

Added features:

Permissions:

EAE Conversation tools permissions:
- delete own started conversations (only when viewing a conversation)
- time limit to delete own conversations (minutes)
- maximum started conversations per 24 hrs (session based)
- can use blind carbon copy

Conversation moderator permissions:
- EAE Always invite blind carbon copy participants to conversations (default allow for admins)
- EAE Can view all blind carbon copied recipients (default allow for admins)
- EAE Can view user conversations (default allow for admins). This is from the front end, and does not increase downloaded file views.

Options:

Setup->Options->EAE Conversation Tools:
- display message when member reached their maximum started conversations for the day
- use custom message set by the admin to be used when displaying a message, over-riding the default message
- select which members can be blind carbon copied: anyone, administrators, or administrators and moderators
- setting for maximum number of blind carbon copied recipients