Conversation Tools

Conversation Tools [Paid] 1.2

No permission to buy (CA$14.95)

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Lawrence submitted a new resource:

Conversation Tools - Administrators can view and delete user conversations and batch prune conversations within the Admin

This add-on allows admins with the proper permission to view and delete user conversations and batch prune conversations within the administrator control panel. This add-on is useful in a number of ways: to better understand a reported conversation message as you can follow the flow of the conversation, find old in-active conversations that are just taking up space, or to find and remove spam conversations, to name a few.

License:

Purchasing this add-on entitles you to one...
Read more about this resource...

maszd

Hi @Lawrence
i'm glad to see this addon porting to xf2 (y)
btw i'm purchase this addon, but buy button still appear here, if this addon one time payment or i must pay for each download or future update if avalaible?
thanks.

Last edited:

maszd

also i get this error, when try do delete a conversation:
Rich (BB code):
Server error log
LogicException: Entity XF:conversationMaster (class: XF\Entity\conversationMaster) could not be found src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php:51
Generated by: maszd May 30, 2019 at 2:05 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(123): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityClassName('XF:conversation...')
#1 src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Admin/Controller/Conversation.php(204): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->find('XF:conversation...', 4478)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): EAEAddons\ConversationTools\Admin\Controller\Conversation->actionDelete(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('EAEAddons\\Conve...', 'Delete', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(EAEAddons\ConversationTools\Admin\Controller\Conversation), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(EAEAddons\ConversationTools\Admin\Controller\Conversation), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#8 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(205) "/admin.php?eae-conversation-tools/mohon-petunjuk.4478/delete&_xfRequestUri=%2Fadmin.php%3Feae-conversation-tools%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1559199917%2Cdaa84ed4e5796d0ffc3600a8b02bd14a&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(57) "https://forum.com/admin.php?eae-conversation-tools/"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["eae-conversation-tools/mohon-petunjuk_4478/delete"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(34) "/admin.php?eae-conversation-tools/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1559199917,daa84ed4e5796d0ffc3600a8b02bd14a"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Hi @Lawrence
i'm glad to see this addon porting to xf2 (y)
btw i'm purchase this addon, but buy button still appear here, if this addon one time payment or i must pay for each download or future update if avalaible?
thanks.

I do have it set that you can download as many copies as you like through the link you were emailed by them. If not, let me know as I'm pretty new to fetchapp. When an update is released, fetchapp emails you with a link to download the update (free of charge of course). By the way, I'm not happy with how it works overall, and will be changing to something different in the future when I have more add-ons created.
also i get this error, when try do delete a conversation:
Rich (BB code):
Server error log
LogicException: Entity XF:conversationMaster (class: XF\Entity\conversationMaster) could not be found src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php:51
Generated by: maszd May 30, 2019 at 2:05 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(123): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityClassName('XF:conversation...')
#1 src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/Admin/Controller/Conversation.php(204): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->find('XF:conversation...', 4478)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): EAEAddons\ConversationTools\Admin\Controller\Conversation->actionDelete(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('EAEAddons\\Conve...', 'Delete', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(EAEAddons\ConversationTools\Admin\Controller\Conversation), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(EAEAddons\ConversationTools\Admin\Controller\Conversation), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#8 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(205) "/admin.php?eae-conversation-tools/mohon-petunjuk.4478/delete&_xfRequestUri=%2Fadmin.php%3Feae-conversation-tools%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1559199917%2Cdaa84ed4e5796d0ffc3600a8b02bd14a&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(57) "https://forum.com/admin.php?eae-conversation-tools/"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["eae-conversation-tools/mohon-petunjuk_4478/delete"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(34) "/admin.php?eae-conversation-tools/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1559199917,daa84ed4e5796d0ffc3600a8b02bd14a"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Thanks for reporting this. This error happens when deleting a conversation from the conversation browser, or when pruning them? From the browser I am sure as I tested the pruning side of it extensively. I'll have it fixed as soon as possible, :)

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
via conversation browser
I just tested this and could not reproduce. I'll find it though, I'm still waking up, :)

working fine at here.

Thank you for this, good to know.
how about this?
You only pay once. All updates are free. If you have any issues with downloading the add-on again, or downloading updates let me know right away as after the initial purchase you don't pay again, :)

maszd

You only pay once. All updates are free. If you have any issues with downloading the add-on again, or downloading updates let me know right away as after the initial purchase you don't pay again, :)
aah understand now, just receive an email update for this addon, so if there any update available, an email will send to me contain a link for download (y) :)
working fine now, thank you very much :cool:;)

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Lawrence updated Conversation Tools with a new update entry:

Bug fix and added features

Bug fix:
  • fixed a bug when searching for a conversation by a deleted member from the adminCP that threw a non-object error
Features:

Delete own conversation

• the conversation starter can now delete a conversation when viewing it
  • there is a time limit, in minutes, to delete a conversation
Limit the number of conversations started within a shifting 24 hour period
  • session based, to save a query on most pages, and two queries...
Read the rest of this update entry...

JonSnow

Hi @Lawrence. I just bought the plugin, but the Conversations-section is not showing in the admin panel. What am I doing wrong?

My user is a Supermoderator, but I have enabled the Conversation moderator permissions to include:
  • EAE Always invite blind carbon copy participants to conversations
  • EAE Can view all blind carbon copied recipients
  • EAE Can view user conversations
But still nothing.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Hi, @JonSnow, and thank you for purchasing this add-on, it is appreciated.

Those first two permissions you mentioned work if the moderators/admins are already a part of the conversation. It seems to me that they are probably not? With that said, v1.2, which I am currently working on, allow those with the view user conversations (from the front end) permission, to join the conversation they are viewing. Once they join it, then those two permissions will work as expected.

For the can view conversations permission, what does the permission analyser say for the super moderator in question?

JonSnow

Thank you for the quick answer, @Lawrence.

So the main issue right now, is that we would like the admins (Super moderators) to be able to view member conversations withouth the users knowing (as we are suspecting a scammer).

The analyzer gives the following overview: ("Ja" = yes, and "ubegrenset" = unlimited)

screenshot-2019-11-19-12-16-43.png

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
The permissions are set so the super mod can view members conversations. Do they know to view a conversation of a member they have to select the find drop down menu on the members profile page? In that menu is the link to view all the members conversations. As they have the permission, the link will be there, if it isn't then another add-on may be interfering with this one (should be unlikely as the template modification only looks for this in the template: <!--[XF:find_menu:bottom]--> which will always be present). Edit: if they are using you for testing, super moderators can not view administrators conversations.

Can you ask the super moderator(s) to create a new conversation with you, and with you set as a Bcc recipient (no other recipients needed). When you receive the conversation you should be listed under the Bcc list.

JonSnow

Thank you for the feedback, @Lawrence

We did indeed not know that we had to use the "Find" on the profile page.

However, this only allows us to see conversations that the member started – not conversations that the user is participating in, started by someone else.

Is there av way to see all the conversations a user i participating in?

Also the "Conversations" section in Admin panel is not showing.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
However, this only allows us to see conversations that the member started – not conversations that the user is participating in, started by someone else.
This option was added as a convenience for moderators to view new members started conversations to check to see if they joined to solicit or spam your members. To view all conversations a member is participating in, can only be done in the admin control panel (but I can add this to be viewed from the front end in a future release). See attachment:

admin_menu.png all_conversations_with.png

The conversation tools menu will only show to administrators who is given this admin permission:

admin_permission.png

This was set up this way to ensure only those the site owner absolutely trusts can access this menu as there is an option that can potentially delete every conversation (by choice), and that can not be undone without restoring from a back-up.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Thank you for the answer! This cleared it up. The Conversation tool was not enabled for the Super moderators.
For administrators, :)

This option was added as a convenience for moderators to view new members started conversations to check to see if they joined to solicit or spam your members. To view all conversations a member is participating in, can only be done in the admin control panel (but I can add this to be viewed from the front end in a future release).
I'm currently working on v1.2, and I've been thinking about what I quoted. What concerns me is if I add in the option to view all conversations (from the front end) a member is participating in, it will include conversations started by Admins with the user, which Admins may not want moderators to view, so those conversations will need to be filtered out, or add a new permission to view all members conversations they are participating in.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Lawrence updated Conversation Tools with a new update entry:

Bug fixes, wording changes, and new features added.

Bug fixes:
  • fixed a PHP 7.4 compatibility bug (trying to access array offset on value of type null)
  • fixed an unexpected bug that would allow unregistered visitors to download attachments when they did not have the permission to
Thanks to @rdn for reporting both bugs.

Wording changes:
  • re-worded a couple of options to be more clear/concise

Added features:
  • added a can join user conversation permission to the...
Read the rest of this update entry...