No permission to buy (CA$7.95)

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Lawrence submitted a new resource:

Admin Tools - Added features and conveniences for administrators, and as well two new permissions.

This add-on adds a couple of new features and conveniences for administrators, such as: clone user groups, collapsed permission sets (if 'all' is not selected) when analyzing global permissions for a user, added three new options when searching for users, and the ability to search for users waiting confirmation email and the option to re-send the confirmation email.

Requires XF 2.1+
PHP 7.0+

License:

Purchasing this add-on entitles you to one installation on your live site and one...
Read more about this resource...

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Lawrence updated Admin Tools with a new update entry:

New options

Cleaned up some code, and updated an option title to be more clear on what the option is for.

Added Features
  • added an option to allow unconfirmed users access to the contact form if the
    use contact form permission for unregistered/unconfirmed group is set to no.
  • added an option to forum nodes to allow/not allow signatures per forum. Defaulted to allow signatures on install. The template modification removes the signature macro from the post macros template if no...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Lawrence updated Admin Tools with a new update entry:

Added feature

New Feature:
Admins can now clone nodes, and as well choose to clone the nodes content moderators and permissions. With respect to forums, forum fields, prefixes, and thread prompts (and their settings) are cloned as well.

For pages, page node html (template), is also cloned.

Before selecting to clone a node, you may also make any changes before saving. Note that you must enter a new title for each node you clone, and URL portions are not cloned (you may enter a new one).

Also made...
Read the rest of this update entry...

XiaoMo

Threads
I enabled this addon and it works great for some things but it made a large number of forums disable reply to threads. It took a long time before I realized it was this addon, when I disabled it they all went back to allow-reply. Can you help out with this? Do I have something incorrect with the addon? I do like its features if it does not break my forum. Thanks.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
I enabled this addon and it works great for some things but it made a large number of forums disable reply to threads. It took a long time before I realized it was this addon, when I disabled it they all went back to allow-reply. Can you help out with this? Do I have something incorrect with the addon? I do like its features if it does not break my forum. Thanks.
Good morning, and thank-you for purchasing.

This add-on adds two additional permissions: Reply to own thread, and Reply to threads by others. On installation those two permissions are set so that registered members can reply as per normal. Did you make changes to those permissions (general, or by forum)? There are no other added features to this add-on that would disallow replying.

Also can you enable the add-on again and perform an analyze permissions for a user that can not reply and let me know of the results, thank-you.

Stay safe,
Lawrence

XiaoMo

Threads
Good morning, and thank-you for purchasing.

This add-on adds two additional permissions: Reply to own thread, and Reply to threads by others. On installation those two permissions are set so that registered members can reply as per normal. Did you make changes to those permissions (general, or by forum)? There are no other added features to this add-on that would disallow replying.

Also can you enable the add-on again and perform an analyze permissions for a user that can not reply and let me know of the results, thank-you.

Stay safe,
Lawrence
When I installed it and enabled it I did not adjust any settings in the addon (or anywhere) globally. When it was enabled I did run permissions analyzer at the user and group levels to see if there was a permissions issue and they all showed no problem with replies etc allowed. It was quite perplexing for a while. I just considered it might be the addon when I ran out of options.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
When I installed it and enabled it I did not adjust any settings in the addon (or anywhere) globally. When it was enabled I did run permissions analyzer at the user and group levels to see if there was a permissions issue and they all showed no problem with replies etc allowed. It was quite perplexing for a while. I just considered it might be the addon when I ran out of options.
Are you still experiencing the reply problem? Does it happen to a specific forum or all forums (can you perform analyze node permissions for an effected user)? On install, the registered group is set to Yes for both permissions, are members primary user group set to registered (all members, regular, mods, and admins, should have their primary user group set to registered).

XiaoMo

Threads
Are you still experiencing the reply problem? Does it happen to a specific forum or all forums (can you perform analyze node permissions for an effected user)? On install, the registered group is set to Yes for both permissions, are members primary user group set to registered (all members, regular, mods, and admins, should have their primary user group set to registered).
I think we have the problem figured out, and this would be a good thing to clarify for users. This a great addon if understood and applied properly.

When I installed the addon it added the additional reply own and others layers of permissionon user groups defaulting NOT to "yes" but to whatever the original single layer "reply to threads" was set to. However, when installed the addon applied the same own and others layers to "inherit" on all nodes regardless of original single layer "reply to threads" permission.

So, while the original user "reply to threads"-NO was overridden by the original node YES, the ADDON user default reply own and other - NO was not overridden by the new node added default reply own and other INHERIT, which was not a value I ever set. This of course resulted in a NO on replies. This is useful information for anyone with a larger forum I imagine. I imagine automating the installation to duplicate node permissions by default was beyond the scope of the work, and I am happy it was that instead of a bug. Thanks.

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
I did it this way, as I didn't want the add-on to inadvertently give reply permissions to groups that may not be able to reply in specific nodes on installation. Good catch though, and thank-you for reporting this behaviour. I'll look to changing how the installer sets those two permissions on install for the next point release.

Lawrence

Lawrence

Developer
Staff member
Threads
    • Developer
    • Administrator
Hi, is this going to function well with the Xenforo 2.1.9 update?
Hi, and yes it does. 2.1.9 was more of a security update than anything else, :)

Stay safe,
Lawrence

• Viewing thread