If you have Conversation Essentials installed and the option Prevent conversation hard-delete checked, this update will display a reminder/warning that the option must be un-checked before conversations can be deleted or pruned. This update respects that options setting by design as you have set it for a valid reason.
- trying to access array offset on value of type null (Listener), that was thrown on certain circumstances.
- fixed a template bug that would display the wrong phrase for who can be blind carbon copied.
- added a conversation monitor widget. This widget monitors conversations started by those who registered within X hours. Defaulted in the widget to 48 hours, but you may want to increase this. Clicking a conversation in the widget allows you to view that conversation. Clicking the widget title takes you to your conversation page and lists any started conversations by members that registered within X hours. Defaulted to 48 hours in the conversation tools options page. You may want to set this to a higher value than the widget.
- added a link to view user conversations in the member tooltip, under moderators options. This link, and the Find conversation link on a user profile page now lists all conversations for the member, not just started conversations. This was changed for the sake of convenience when it came to reported conversations.
Conversation moderator permissions:
- [EAE] Can view conversation widget. Defaulted to No on install. Note that [EAE] Can view user conversations permission must be set to Yes.
- Monitor cutoff time (hours). Display conversations started by members whose registration date is within this many hours. Defaulted to 48.
- one for those that have the permission to view the conversation monitor.
Don't mind the number of hours displayed in the screen shots, I just didn't want to create another new user and create more conversations.
Thanks to @rdn for reporting both bugs.
- fixed a PHP 7.4 compatibility bug (trying to access array offset on value of type null)
- fixed an unexpected bug that would allow unregistered visitors to download attachments when they did not have the permission to
- re-worded a couple of options to be more clear/concise
- added a can join user conversation permission to the conversation moderator permissions. Those with this permission can join a users conversation when viewing the conversation from the front end. Defaulted to yes for administrators on install/upgrade. Note, that you cannot join a conversation that you previously left, you would need to be re-invited back into it. When you join a conversation, you will still be viewing the users conversation, but the conversation will now be listed in when you view your conversations
- added a permission to boot a user from own conversation (conversation tools permissions). Only the thread starter (or administrators & moderators if option set) can boot a user from the conversation. Administrators cannot be booted, and moderators can only be booted by administrators
- added a permission to conversation moderator permissions to re-invite members back into a conversation where they may have left on their own, or were booted from. Defaulted to yes for administrators on install/upgrade
Conversation Tools Options:
- allow administrators to boot others' participants. Defaulted to checked. Allows administrators to boot users of any conversation they are a part of. Administrators can not boot other administrators
- allow moderators to boot others' participants. Defaulted to checked. Allows moderators to boot users of any conversation they are a part of. Moderators cannot boot administrators or other moderators
- show administrators and moderators that left a conversation. Defaulted to not checked. The conversation starter can view normal members who have left, but not administrators or moderators. If checked, the thread starter will be able to see that an administrator or moderator left the conversation
- boot fa-icon. You can change this to another font awesome icon that you prefer. Defaulted to fa-user-slash
- re-invite fa-icon. You can change this to another font awesome icon that you prefer. Defaulted to fa-user-check
- added [EAE] Conversation tools so you may change the size and colour of the fa-icons, and how a member's user name is displayed after they had left, or was booted from, a conversation
- fixed a bug when searching for a conversation by a deleted member from the adminCP that threw a non-object error
Delete own conversation
Limit the number of conversations started within a shifting 24 hour period
- the conversation starter can now delete a conversation when viewing it
- there is a time limit, in minutes, to delete a conversation
View member's conversations
- session based, to save a query on most pages, and two queries on the conversation list page. Only query is on session create
- as it is session based and the admin changes how many conversations can be started, the changes will not take place until the session has expired
- an optional, but recommended, message is displayed when the member can no longer start a conversation. The admin can replace this message with a custom one. For example: 'to start more conversations consider becoming a premium member'
- if a member can start, for example, 3 conversations in a 24 hour period and they started three conversations and then deleted them (if they have the permission), they will not be able to start another conversation until their session expires
Blind carbon copy recipients
- permission based, defaulted to allow for administrators
- added as a tool for moderators to use when a new member joins and then is seen as being in a conversation. This is useful to see if the new member is spamming or soliciting other members.
- this feature only allows the viewing of a conversation, no interaction can be done with the conversation
- to access this feature: select a members profile, click the find button, then click find all conversations by xxxxxx. The link will take you to your inbox and list all of their started conversations (paginated)
- when done viewing a conversation use the breadcrumb conversation to return back to the list of the member's conversations
- if files are attached in a conversation you are viewing downloading it will not increase the view count
- administrators can not view other administrators conversations (by design)
- moderators can not view other moderators or administrators conversations
- the conversation starter can choose to bcc up to x recipients. Bcc recipients does not count toward the maximum number of recipients the starter can invite
- Administrators (or moderators with the permission) that is part of the conversation can bcc more into the conversation
- the conversation starter may choose to bcc recipients after the conversation has been started
- the conversation starter, administrators (and moderators with the permission) will always see all bcc participants. Bcc recipients can only see their own name in the bcc participants list
- a conversation starter can choose to start a conversation with just bcc recipients (no normal recipients required)
- bcc members are alerted to notify that they been added as a bcc recipient in the conversation
- bcc recipients can reply to the conversation if they choose, under normal circumstances they most likely wouldn't as as bcc'ing a member is done for informative reasons only
- admins can set the option of who can be blind carbon copied, the options are: anyone, administrators, or administrators and moderators
EAE Conversation tools permissions:
Conversation moderator permissions:
- delete own started conversations (only when viewing a conversation), defaulted to edit any message permission on install
- time limit to delete own conversations (minutes), defaulted to unlimited for those with edit any message permission
- maximum started conversations per 24 hrs (session based), defaulted to unlimited for those that can start a conversation
- can use blind carbon copy, set to allow for those that can start a conversation
Setup->Options->EAE Conversation Tools:
- EAE Always invite blind carbon copy participants to conversations (defaulted to allow for admins)
- EAE Can view all blind carbon copied recipients (defaulted to allow for admins)
- EAE Can view user conversations (defaulted to allow for admins)
- display message when member reached their maximum started conversations for the day
- use custom message set by the admin to be used when displaying a message, over-riding the default message
- select which members can be blind carbon copied: anyone, administrators, or administrators and moderators
- setting for maximum number of blind carbon copied recipients, defaulted to 1. Administrators (and moderators with the permission) can always invite more
- prefixed with eae_cvstt
- this add-on adds 10 template modifications, with conversation_view having the most with four
- regular expressions are used where possible, however; simple replacements are also used
- altered xf_conversation_recipient to add column eaecvstt_bcc
- uninstalling this add-on will make all blind carbon copied recipients normal recipients